Wednesday, March 21, 2012

 This was actually my third quilt I made, and there are lots of flaws. However I am very much not a perfectionist, and also will not be giving this away, so I don't feel bad.  I used a pattern I saw called both "Snail's Trail" and "Monkey Wrench" in different locations. I rearranged the blocks from what is normally done though... I machine quilted the border and diagonally in the center. Then I hand-quilted the solid blocks in the center. Each has a different design which kept it interesting. I really like doing that part - might make me do more hand-quilting. I wish I had thought more about the quilting before I did this one, but hey, I'm a beginner...
Close-up of some of the hand-quilted designs. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Clearly wrapping up in this thing could cure cancer. What a great hobby, I am so inspired by you, I think I will attempt to sew a umm button back on pants. Goooo erad. So proud of your achievements.

    ReplyDelete