Friday, March 16, 2012

1st post

I made this quilt for my niece for Christmas.  It turned out way better than I thought it would, especially once it was washed.  I made one for my other niece, but I can't find the pictures. I might have to take some when I visit them next. Maybe I can get a sweet infant-themed action shot of baby Lizzie barfing on it (that's a baby thing to do, right?).  I really ended up liking the back: the quilting is more noticeable on the back.

I had to add this picture because this is the only scenic location I have taken any quilt pictures. I have noticed from the other quilt blogs/websites that everyone photographs their quilt at some old barn or bleak industrial-like setting (preferably a barn with lots of peeling paint). Well, I am lazy and haven't seen a barn in a while, unless you count "Dress Barn." 

This picture is the exception since we were conveniently at my parents-in-law's house in Weimar (near Colfax, which is near Auburn, which is near Sacramento...which is in California) with its stunning view off the porch. Now I must become a better photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment