Sunday, May 22, 2016

2014 Recap

Well, I haven't posted anything in nearly two years. That is unfortunate. Mostly I will post pictures, because I have done a bunch of stuff since then.

Made this wall hanging for my mom. I did some fun hand embroidery in the middle.


My mom had me make this for a baby girl. Below you can see a black and white shot of it when I was arranging the fabrics. About half the fabrics are Heather Ross' Briar Rose, which I LOVE.


I thought it would be cool to show a progress shot. I often take B&W photos to see how the light and dark fabrics contrast. Also, I had to crop this photo because I noticed that I was not wearing any pants.

I made this queen size quilt for my sister's wedding. Before I sewed them together, each block was used as a centerpiece of each table at her wedding reception. After the wedding, I took them home and sewed it up. Apparently, some wedding guests were going to take some of these home until someone stopped them! 

The fabrics are mostly Joel Dewberry's Botanique.

My friend Chiquis had me make this for her friend. She wanted Disney theme and some embroidery. 

Donald and Daisy were some of my favorites. 
Maybe just because of the poses. I love how furious he looks.
My mom had me make a gift for my aunt and uncle. I knew they collected nativities, so here is my embroidered one.
  

My mom also had me make her a tree skirt. I like the design, but those were some SMALL pieces of fabric to work with. 
Now comes the part of the year where I was pregnant and knew a lot of pregnant people. So I went on a kick and made a quilt for just about every pregnant person I knew.
  
Made this quilt for Kali.
Quilt twin in case Taylor was having a girl. She was having a boy.
The quilt I made Taylor in case she was having a boy. She was having a boy. 
   
Same fabric line as the one above it - Creative Thursday, Zaza Zoo. Made this for my friend Becky.

I gave this one to my friend Emily, who had the same due date as me.

Made this one for Ben's college bff's wife, who also had the same due date! See - I was getting pretty crazy with the quilt making.
I think that is most of the stuff from 2014. I can't believe that was two years ago now. Thanks to the people who commissioned many of those quilts! 




No comments:

Post a Comment